Friday, May 9, 2014

Our New Swing Set

For Owen's first birthday, he received money from Nana and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa, Great Grammie Berta and Great Grandpa Jim, Aunt Whit, and Uncle CJ and Aunt Steph. We decided to put all of his birthday money together and get the boys a swing set! It's always awesome when you can put all your money together to get one big awesome gift! My awesome husband and brother-in-law spent all day putting together this swing set for the boys and it turned out awesome! Although the process of actually getting the swing set was kind of a mess, it all worked out in the end. About two weeks ago, I ordered a swing set online from Walmart and at the beginning of this week, I got an e-mail telling me it was ready to be picked up at the store (I just sent it to our Walmart store so I didn't have to pay shipping). We have been busy all week but Rem decided that he would just take today to pick up the swing set and put it together. He left very early this morning to go to Litchfield's Walmart to pick the swing set up, but when he got there, they were having trouble actually finding the swing set that I had ordered. He called me and told me that they were having problems locating the swing set but they had another one there that they would go ahead and give to us if we wanted it instead. I went online and looked at the one they were offering to us and to my surprise, it was actually a nicer one than the one I had originally ordered (about $100 more actually!). I told Rem to just go ahead and bring the one home that they were offering us so we didn't have to mess with trying to re-order the one we had originally wanted. Plus, Gavin was REALLY looking forward to getting his swing set and I figured we would have a major melt down if daddy came home with out a swing set! Rem and CJ worked really hard all day and finally got it all put together around five o'clock this evening. Gavin was SOOOOO excited to finally play on it. While he was swinging on the swing, I heard him say, "I love my new swing set!" He ended up playing on it all evening, until it was almost dark! I think it will get LOTS of play time this summer! Thanks to everyone who gave Owen birthday money and helped us get this swing set!

 Gav and Daddy getting ready to start our project.



 The kids used the box that the swing set came in to play in.



 He loves his cousin. I didn't even have to prompt him to hug her!







 Owen supervising the project from the front porch.



 Checking out the pretty flowers.

 It was soooo hard for Gav to wait patiently for the swing set to be completed.

 Owen being a snack snatcher.





 Yelling at all the cars passing by.

 Gav hanging out in his snack shack.





 Finally complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment