Friday, May 30, 2014

Memorial Day Camping Trip

Yes, I realize I am a little behind on posting this! I just haven't found a good time to sit down and write, but right now, both of my boys are asleep (which rarely happens), so I finally have an opportunity! On Monday afternoon (Memorial Day), CJ, Steph, and Addie came over to hang out with us. The kids enjoyed playing outside in the water and we had planned on grilling out for supper. Around three o'clock, Rem and CJ were trying to think of something to do for entertainment and they decided that we were going to go camping. I know, nothing like a spur of the moment camping trip, right!? I wasn't thrilled with the idea (I'm not the biggest fan of camping) but Rem convinced me to go along. While we were getting everything ready to go, it began to thunder and lightening. By then, I was REALLY not wanting to go but everyone else thought it was a great idea. The boys had to run to Alco for some supplies and while they were gone, it began to rain. By this point, I had decided that I was for sure not going because I was not thrilled with the idea of camping in the rain. Owen and I stayed at home while everyone else headed out to the lake. About an hour later, Rem called me and said that they had found a cabin to rent at the lake and decided to do that instead of tent camping and asked me if I had changed my mind. I decided I could handle a cabin so Rem came back to town to get Owen and I. We roasted hot dogs for supper and the kids enjoyed the play ground at the camp ground. By the time it was time for bed, I decided Owen and I would both probably sleep better if we were in our own beds so we headed back to town (thankfully the lake is only about five miles out of town). We joined everyone for a camp site breakfast in the morning and some more outdoor play. Gavin absolutely loved the whole experience and Rem is already planning our next camping trip (yay!.......uhhhh, not!). He says we have to go somewhere where I can't escape and go home to sleep!



 Gav enjoying a S'more in the cabin



 Daddy and Owen having fun on the swings



Just enjoying the outdoors!

 Gavin on a nature walk.

 Owen finding some treasure on the nature walk.





 Addie hanging out at the camp site.

 Rem cooking up some breakfast burritos.



 The sweet cabin.

 Uncle CJ set up the tent just for fun.

 Silly Face!



Owen also got his first hair trim this week that I wanted to include a few pictures of.

 He wasn't so sure of the whole situation at first.

 Being brave.

He ended up sitting really well for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment