Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Little Bit of a Lot of Things

This week has gone by really fast! I can't believe tomorrow is already Friday! I haven't seemed to find time to blog anytime this week as we have been busy pretty much every evening. On Monday we went to Springfield to go shopping. Gavin got some cute new spring/summer clothes at Old Navy with some of his birthday money. I'm sure if it were up to him, he would have much rather bought some new toys but we have SO MANY already and he had only a handful of short sleeve shirts that fit and about three pairs of shorts, so new clothes it was! Rem has been interested in "barefoot" running lately and so he got some funky new running shoes and Owen also got a new pair of tennis shoes for his birthday. On Tuesday, Addie came over to play while her mom and dad went to a meeting in Greenville. Gavin loves when he gets to play with his cousin! I'm not sure the feelings are reciprocated quite yet. Poor Addie just gets beat up on by her big cousin. I'm sure in a few years, when she gets bigger, she'll give Gav a run for his money. Yesterday, I made chicken noodle soup and cookies for our Lent soup supper at our church and we spent the evening over at the church eating and doing a bible study. Gav loves when we get to go to church functions because his little buddies are there and they all have a blast together. They are pretty ornery sometimes but after all, they are little boys. Today, it has been rainy all day and we haven't done much of anything.  I gave Rem and Gav hair cuts and made vegetable beef soup for supper. We haven't done anything overly exciting this week, so I don't have much to write about but I have taken a few pictures over the past few days that I thought I would share.

 Owen making a mess at breakfast with his oatmeal.

 Addie watching big cousin Gavin jump off the couch.

 Nothing like getting a choke hold hug from your cousin.

 Gav always has to be making silly faces.

 There we go with a big smile!

 He's just looking more like a toddler and less like a baby.....

 Sweet baby Addie.

 Of course he's playing with something that is not meant to be a toy.



 Gav playing "drums"

 He's always gotta be chewing on something.

Cutie pie with a fresh haircut.

Rem has a track meet this Saturday so the boys and I will be home alone. These are the days when I really wish we lived closer to home. I know nana and papa do too! I usually do ok with being so far away until it comes to being here by myself for extended periods of time (hence why I always come home when Rem has to be gone for a trip). If you are lucky enough to live in the same town as your parents, or heck, within a few hours even, count your blessings. I would give anything to have my parents close to help out when Rem is busy. Guess we just have to count our blessings here and not dwell on what we can't change right now. Here's hoping we have some nice weather on Saturday and aren't stuck inside all day! 

1 comment:

  1. It snowed here today Laura Lou. I too am ready for sunshine and nice temperatures.

    Wish you lived closer also. Miss those cute little faces. Thanks for posting the pictures. Always makes my day to see them! Love, Gram

    ReplyDelete